Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Thanks giving trip Second day

As I was busy with my work I couldn’t continue my trip memories on the next day. I thought today I have worked too much and decided to complete the trip memories.
One of my friend suggested that he wants to know culture and other info for those places that we went. And his comments are really a valid so I am going to add some more stuff other than my memories. The next day we went to Rocky mountain in Denver and people used to say this place is good for skiing and the time when we went was no suited for skiing though there were some frozen lakes in the mountain. Before we go there I heard that there are 150 lakes in and around Rocky Mountain. But we were manage to visit only few in half a day since we had to travel almost 500 miles for the next place. We want to spend the half day usefully and we went to information center and it is really an info center not like a tourism center which we have in India and it was very useful for us. But in India we can stop anywhere we want and get the info from anyone over there and it’s not possible here. As per the map we got from the info center we drove thru some of the roads and the place was so beautiful and I realized it seems like the Himalayas though I just those only in photo’s. Today also we have seen some places/roads which were closed but it’s not because of the holiday it’s because of the snow. We went to Bear Lake which was completely frozen and people were just playing like anything in the corner. I and my friend went to the middle of the lake and people started entering into the middle and this is the fist time in my life I am seeing, standing and playing. The Frozen ice was hard like a rock but it was looking like a Glass. The temperature was below -5 and we couldn’t spend more time outside. Then the long drive begins to Cody (City 70 miles away from yellow stone National Park) and we reached around 10.30 in the night and we were completely tired. Just before we reach the hotel in the middle of road we seen a deer is crossing.
And I am tired now and will be continued… :)