Wednesday, October 14, 2009

World Hunger Worsening

Today we have a plenty of problems to discuss in the world and I certainly believe, this is one of the top most priority that everyone should think or care about. Global hunger is worsening and it’s a serious issue which needs to be handled quickly and sensibly. I always try to find mistakes in the political system, politicians, and service oriented employees or for that matter everybody except me. Sometimes I used to think there is something wrong in me or something which I need to correct before I speak about others. Wasting food is one among them which I have to change and I urge everybody to change. Below is the chart which explains the story of world hunger.

I born and brought up in a village where farming is the main source of income and I still remember my dad used to insist us, not to split the rice outside the plate or waste even a rice while we eat. As he is a farmer he knows the value of a rice and also he knows the effort to bring that rice to home in the current environment, where there is no rain for a whole year or there is a flood which washes out everything. I used to hear from some of my friend’s that in Qur’an it’s mentioned, that “There is a name written in each rice to whom it belongs to” and I believe there is No Name where it’s called as WASTE.

We as a common man, who should take the responsibility of not wasting food either it could be in home or in restaurant. Just think about the thousands and thousands of people who die everyday due to hunger and try to change the habit of wasting food as much as you can. There is also one more point which I wanted to stress out here is, the usage of plastic. Always try avoiding the use of plastics at the maximum as you can. It’s just not for you or your health, it affects the whole environment which intern directly affects the farming.

Instead of thinking or debating about whether a new bill has to be passed to avoid plastic or to reduce the hunger just think that there is something which you can do to save the world or the future. There is a say in Tamil which is being used in most of the common man conversation's

"மனுசன் ஓடி ஆடி உழைக்கறது எதுக்கு, இந்த ஒரு சான் வயத்துக்காக தானே?? ".

So, Please waste sensibly.