Saturday, June 16, 2012

First Day, FL


Landed on Tampa 25 minutes earlier and when I picked my package my friend(Kamal) was already waiting in Chevy Tahoe. As planned we were heading towards St Petersburg Pier. We just missed the last entrance into the pier building, so we couldn't  get to the top of building. However we were able to see the good view of the town down. Here is the view,


It's already 1 am and I didn't have dinner since I was in a rush to catch the flight. So we stopped at i-Hop . We skipped the Tampa skyline view and headed towards St Augustine. ( I didn't have much expectation for the city but that is about change in few hours). Also I didn't know that we have to pass Orlando on the way and we stopped on I-4
East free way to catch the Orlando welcome sign.


It was 4 am and we both were feeling sleepy and we were just one hour away from St Aug and we managed to reach without falling sleep. We stopped at Gas station and had coffee and headed towards the Fort (CASTILLO DE SAN MARCOS) for sunrise. One of the best places I have visited for the Sunrise and I highly recommend it for any photographers. While I was taking pictures My Pilot Kamal was in deep sleep. I did two circles of the Fort with different views and I had to let few Misquotes bite me (I am still yet to recover from all the itching happened during my Maine trip, courtesy Baxter park Black Flies) . I was able to verify the location of the Sunrise with the Park staff who just reached there and I was also able to get some history about the Fort. I wasn't sure it's just because of our Trip, from the Fort on all weekends they used to Fire the Cannon's but just for this week it was cancelled for some safety audit. :( Anyways I was quite happy with some of the pictures that I was able to capture and it was 7:15 when I closed my shutters. I wasn't exactly sure about the color of the car but I did check few Tacho's which are in the same shade to find my Pilot. Unfortunately I couldn't find him, so I had to wake him up by calling his mobile to find that he was just near and I was just walked by. He has parked just opposite to bright sunshine, so we decided to take the car to the beach and the next two hours was just a flash. We woke up at 9:30 and had a nice shower at the beach. I don't even remember when was the last time I went into the ocean, but this one was really nice. The weather changes so quickly here, it was raining heavily for few minutes and then blue sky started coming and my Friend told me this Florida for you (which make me to think that NE is not the only place where the weather is not predictable). Anyway's we were enjoying it, after the shower we went to an Irish breakfast place and spent next few hours walking across the streets of St Aug. Few pictures,






Now I am typing this while we are 20 miles away from Georgia and hoping to post this tonight. I will make sure I will keep the coming posts short and please stay tuned for the coming days.. :)