Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Cycle

I was studying 4th standard and I used to sleep very early (comparing to now a days) at 10pm itself. It was almost 12 my dad and my uncle came with a surprise gift. I couldn’t even recognize weather it’s a dream or real. It’s a captain cycle (blue color) and they were asking me to ride. Tough it’s 12 I want to ride but I was too sleepy. I have just ridded inside our home itself and they were happy. Yes we have plenty of open space in center of our home. I hope you have seen in many movies which suited in villages. There was one more event which made me to laugh at that time. They were asking my brother to ride but he couldn’t since he was too lazy, he didn’t even getup from the bed :-). He was always lazy than me but now when I am at our home he leaves to work before I getup (Yellam kalam seyitha kolam). Now it’s not even a 10 days per year where we use to live in the same home. I came out from our sweet home around 8 years back to enter into college after that our home is become a tourism spot or relatives house. Tough I was the first person to ride the cycle I couldn’t take the ownership of it. But I became an owner because I am the person who sits in the back (People use to say that the person who sits in the back seat of the car is the owner). My brother has to carry me for a long time.
I don’t even think about a single day were we don’t have fight while we were going to school. The fight was always like main dish in our journey.

It’s good experience to fight with your own brother like a lifetime enemy. I hope the same situation could have been happened in many families where they have two boys in their family. He used drop me in middle of the way and made me to walk when the fight becomes very peak. Sometimes I have to walk the whole route (around 4 km’s :-(). There were some days he may come back and asking me to sit but at that movement my anger could have been sitting on my head so I won’t even listen to him. Even though I had an equal share in that cycle he owned it completely for a long time. I never carried him in the cycle but he should carry me for the whole period and that was the only advantage for me.

When ever I see that cycle I used to remember those old days and some times I may laugh myself.

You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance. - Ray Bradbury