Monday, August 18, 2008

BitDefender - Trojan

These two technical terms should act like enemy. But in my laptop both are joined together to take revenge on me. It goes like this, my system got affected by trojan virus and symatec anti virus keeps popping up with the message" Virus found... ". I got irritated and even that stupid trojan has removed the desktop and the screen saver properties. So i did the full scan in my symantec and it didn't find any and keeps popping up at times. I decided to get around with it and i have installed one adware to remove it and it's found lot's of virus and asked me to register to cleanup those. But i have deleted most of them manually and my roommate suggested the bitdefender anti virus. After that myself and my laptop lost the control to this stupid bitdefender. It took the complete control of the system and even i couldn't uninstall it. I have tried till 2.30 am from 11 pm at Saturday night. Still i couldn't resolve from that and i decided to sleep after the uninstall started for the BD(Bitdefender). I had put the alarm at 6 O clock in the morning since i need to support one application on Sunday, if i can't resolve the issue then that's it.. they will kill me... :-(
Still no luck when i looked the system at 6 it got hanged and it didn't even uninstall the stupid BD. I tried till 7 and finally found a way to delete the files manually instead of uninstalling it... that too i have to delete it before the service starts. I had to restart3 to 4 times to delete the files. I had to used command prompt too,,,,
Thank god at 7:15 i got the control back of my system and the funniest things is the BD was getting uninstalled though most of it's files are deleted. Who cares, i just wanted my control back and i got it.. .. :-)

Then i stated windows live scan (one care from Microsoft) and i had put my alarm at 9 and went back to sleep. Who wants to sit in front of the system at Sunday from 6 am onwards. Again i checked at 9 and only 50 % of scan was completed and it found one thread and i was happy that i can sleep one more hour. Finally i got up at 10.30 and it got completed and it's removed all the threads.

My biggest advice at the end is never ever try to install any anti-virs unless you know about it. I could have tried the AVG .. :-(

I can't understand why a person will take a year to write a novel when he can easily buy one for a few dollars.
- Fred Allen