Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Haircut in US

One of the worst things one can experience in US is “The Haircut”. I don’t know whether it’s because of the reason these people are holding the degree on this? Who cares and what ever it is, we all know that the barbers here are not that good when we compared to the barbers who are in Tamil Nadu (Only place in India where I used to do my haircut). Most barbers in India are not having any degree but they know how to satisfy the customer by changing their style to what they like. But here we can’t ask for the one (Normal haircut nothing fancy) which you wanted and even if you ask for something normal then it will end up something fancy and people will laugh at you at the end. Till my last month haircut I was thinking at least the hairs are being reduced even if it’s not looking good but last week he has cut my ear instead of my hair. Would you believe it ??? I don’t know who gave him the degree to cut the customers ear instead of cutting the hair. I felt the pain, he apologized and I was compromised since I couldn’t see any blood. But after I came out of the shop I asked my friend to check and he said it’s bleeding since it was on my back side of my ear I couldn’t see when he was cutting. Thank god it was not that big or else just think for a moment of loosing a part of my ear. I would have looked like an Alien because my ear is already big and if something is gone then definitely it would have been very noticeable. The money that they are getting for one hair cut is more than the amount which I used to spend in India for a whole year. Ok, I understand that the cost of living is high here but who is ready to loose their ear instead of their hair and it’s really hard for an Indian to get satisfaction when he comes out of the barber shop in US. I was telling this story to one my friend and he said it happened to him too.. I realized that there are lots of people who are in the barber shop who doesn’t know how to cut the hair but know how to cut the customers ear. From next time onwards I will be scared to go for haircut similar to the behavior I had when my father used to take me to saloon when I was a kid, except that my father is not here to tell if something goes wrong.