Monday, October 06, 2008

Family Vs Friends

If I count the number of phone calls that I am making to my family compare to my friends it will be 5% vs 95%. I feel that family is always with you weather you are in home or away from home. But at the same time when you don’t have contact with the friends for a month then it will become 6 months and it will become years. There are few exceptions too.. We as DONZ (our Gang) never forget to contact each other and we feel the same way as how we felt when we studied in our college. It’s been almost 7 years and still we have the same fun stuffs and try to make some trips. Except that we are not staying in a same room and we couldn’t meet everyone in a single place. There are three guys who got married in our gang and only half of the people who were able to attend the marriage. I really feel bad that I couldn’t attend any of them since I am here. I never felt that I am missing my home but there are times when I felt that I am missing my gang not even the college days. I used to make a call to my home once in a week (it’s too long that’s what people use to say) that too because I am here. When I was staying in Chennai I use to call once in 15 days and will go home once in a month. When I was studying in a college I never called my home except for one reason.. What else than Money. The reason that I am not having few contacts is because my brother is staying with them and even they feel the same though they are not expressing that they are missing me too much. If he gets married then they may really miss me … as a typical tamilian family anything can happen.

I really miss two things which I am not able to get it from my friends. Obviously the first thing is my Mom’s food and second one will be common in most of the families where two sons are there and it’s fight which I used to have with my brother. Though I am having lot’s arguments with my friends and my roommates nothing will be equal to the fight which I had with my brother.

And this is suppos to my 50th post.. But had to delete some posts so still 3 more to go... :-)
The nice thing about egotists is that they don't talk about other people. - Lucille S. Harper