Thursday, January 29, 2009

Golden days…

When I was studying in college I used get to 2500 to 3000 rupees per month from my father for my monthly expense. The house rent was 800 to 1000 and around 1200 was spend in Mess (Hotel) and the remaining was the pocket money for the whole month. I am sure that I have spent more than 60% of those into movies alone. While on the month end no one had money in our pocket and some of our guys used to have safety money (May be 1000) in their account. I used to borrow 50 rupees from one of them and will go to my native place to spend a weekend and get 100 or 200 rupees extra for that month. The bus ticket from Coimbatore to Karur was 40 rupees and I had just 10 rupees left on my pocket to make a call to my brother to go home if he was around the bus stand or I will catch the town bus (15 kms from the town) and go home. When I reach home I had only few rupees left in my purse and I was happy at that time. I never had any expectation at that time. Those are the happiest days of my life. Now I am spending the same money which I was spending in whole month in just one dinner or lunch but I am not happy as like I was before.

Life is changing quickly and expectations are changing every day and I am sure after 10 year I will write a post saying that I was happy 10 years back… !!!!!!! Yes remembering the past in my life is always sweet….