Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A fine weekend in Boston Part 2


This is the continution of the previous post of my trip memories, Though I didn’t have any dream I got up at 7:15 itself. We had planned to visit New Hampshire but when I looked into some of the state park which is about 80 miles and the park my friend has suggested was 2 ½ hour drive. Just keeping the long journey to my place in mind we decided to just go for a park which was near to our place and visiting the Harvard and MIT and have lunch some where outside and heading back to our home town.

We were ready by 9 and her husband was feeling better than day before and said he will also join in another 15 minutes. In the mean time my friend has started preparing the breakfast which is a north Indian dish Poga (Made up with avul and all). Wow it was awesome and it was one of the best breakfast that I had in the recent times and that too with excellent Bru coffee at the end. As we planned we were starting towards Minuteman State Park which is famous for its history. The place where the first battle of freedom has started against British army. There were huge history behind that and as usual there were peoples who were explaining the story and as usual there was a show too. When I went to auditorium I was thinking why is very old and after the show I understood why. To explain what happened in 1975 April they have built it similar to that with diagrams and wooden maps and villages which depicts those old days. They have told us that in 5 miles there is small wooden bridge where the battle has started and there is a statue to remember that. We went there and took some snaps in the historical bridge and in front of that statue. 

Next we went to the great Harvard University and just roamed inside the campus, and I prayed in front of Harvard statue to give me a MBA a seat in that university. Then we went to MIT main entrance and saw the classrooms and some of the professor rooms it was really a good feeling indeed. It’s quarter after 1 and we decided to leave for lunch and it's in Hot Breads. I had Mutton Biriyani and it was not good and I was little bit hungry since I had good breakfast. Whenever I had good breakfast I used to eat more during lunch but the Biriyani was not satisfactory. Even my friend told me that only Chicken Biriyani will be good here and I thought just order mutton and see how it is. Now I agree to her and don’t eat Mutton Biriyani in HB. One more thing to notice in Boston is that, the number of Churches that you can see from a normal street. OMG, They are having Chruches everywhere like having the Pilayar Kovil in each street of chennai. After the lunch we went back to home and copied the snaps to her laptop and quickly run thru it once and prepared to leave. 

It’s 3’O clock and the two days has passed very fast and everybody was thinking that we will meet again soon and said bye to each and we left her place. I decided to go little bit fast so that i can reach home sooner but the traffic in the George Washington bridge has eaten up all the time that I had saved during my 3 hours drive and had stuck up in that bridge for more than hour and finally reached home at 9’O clock which was not bad. I felt death warm over and decided to hit the bed after I took bath. Since I had the dinner in Burger King on the way back home I have saved little bit of time and slept at 10’O clock.

Two days has gone so fast and thanks to my friend and her husband. I am expecting the next weekend sooner and the overall the trip was one of the memorable which I had in US.