Sunday, May 03, 2009

கம்பன் என் காதலன்!

I have grown up by watching the Ramayanam serial in Doodarshan channel. Still I remember that I used to ask too many questions to my dad while watching that serial, like who is this guy, that guy, When Raman will win the war? Will seethai be saved? When will hanuman come? OMG, My father could have had lots of patience to answer those questions. The serial was running for a year and during that time my mom could have been the saddest person. It’s all because of the high volume we used to keep while watching the serial, and during the ads it used increase automatically. We were only having the B/W TV and that too with no remote and we never reduced the volume since we were lazy to getup and reduce. The only ad which I couldn’t tolerate at that time was Vico Turmeric and still I hate that. Enough about watching the serial and this post is supposed to be about Ramayanam by Sivakumar.

Month ago I was watching some video where actor Sivarkumar was addressing in some college about the Ramayanam and heard that it will be available in DVD. Last week I got the DVD with the help of one of my colleague who came from India and till yesterday I didn’t have time to watch it. I started watching yesterday midnight around 12:30 and thought of watching the half and the remaining by today. Though I knew the story of Ramayanam I couldn’t stop at the middle and didn’t want to leave the remaining for the next day and I have watched the whole video in night itself. It’s all because of the way Sivakumar has explanined the story and that too with 100 songs from the Ramayanam without even having a bit of paper for about 2 hours and 10 minutes. I also heard that this the first time that one has narrated Ramayanam in 2 hours and normally people used to take many days to explain it. Hat’s of to him and I don’t know is there any other person who could have explained Ramayanam like him. Since I have watched the serial during my child hoods I was able to bring all the scenes in front of me while he was explaining the story. It was quite nice experience to refresh the Ramayanam story and I would recommend everybody to watch it even if you don’t know about the Ramayanam. He was telling about 100 songs and I thought of writing one song from that and I had to watch the video for 10 times before I write it in a paper. There may be a mistake in this and forgive me if I there is any and I let me know I will change it.

This song is to explain how the Raman’s Black/Blue body has observed the heat in forest while he was walking with his brother Laxman and his wife seetai.

வெய்யோன் ஒளிதன் மேனியின் விரிசோதியின் மறைய

பொய்யோ எனும் இடையாளோடும் இணையளடுனும் போனான் 

மையோ மரகதமோ மரிகடலோ மலை முகிலோ 

அய்யோ இவன் வடிவென்பதோர் அழியா அழகுடையான்!

While I was studying in school we had few songs from Ramayanam in our Tamil poetry section and I always had a difficult time to memorize those songs and I used to skip that section for all my exams :).